Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Quilts for the boys




Here are the two quilts I made for my new grandbaby boys, Cache and Connor. For some reason I really struggled with what I wanted to make for them. I had a hard time coming up with the patterns and the fabrics. But I am happy with the way they turned out.

Cache's quilt is the top picture and it is made using a lot of the new Minkee fabric...you know, that super soft stuff. I started out with a kit but I ended up changing alot of the fabrics mostly because there was a lot of pink used in the original version. It has a fun green and white polka dot plush fabric on the back.

In Connor's quilt I used chenille fabric for the green, purple and blue squares. It has a soft, cuddly texture too but it isn't quite as plush as the Minkee. I really love the sock monkey fabric that I used on the back. I was happy to see Connor and the quilt in a picture on Heidi's blog.

So between yesterday's quilt, these baby quilts and the Quilt of Valor, I have had quite a productive quilt making summer.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

katie k hymas said...

I love the sock monkey fabric... so cute!

Travelin'Oma said...

I made sock monkeys in my early motherhood days. Gabi's was named Wilbur. Your quilt made me miss him! Cute!