Monday, October 1, 2007

Quilt of the week



I just finished putting the binding on this quilt and could hardly wait to share it with you. I just love this little wallhanging. I actually saw a quilt just like this at a quilt shop in St George last March. There wasn't a pattern for it so the shop lady let me take a photo and some measurements and do a quick sketch. I bought all the fabrics at her cute shop called "Lazy Daisy Cottage". This was a super simple quilt to make but for some reason I just never got around to working on it. The flowers are hand appliqued and I think because spring turned into summer and I don't sit around and quilt in the summer like I do in the winter when it gets dark at 5 pm, I just never thought about working on it. I love how the back turned out. I love it when I can use all the fabric so the leftovers don't just sit in my closet and never get used again. I was planning to hand quilt this one but by the time I finished piecing together all the leftover pieces for the backing, I knew it would be miserable to quilt by hand so I took it to my "wonder woman" machine quilter and I think she did a super job. I think this would be a cute baby quilt for a granddaughter -- too bad I just had two new grandsons! (Of course they both got boy quilts -- I'll show those to you tomorrow).
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kage said...

PLEASE get an etsy shop....this is a masterpiece. I LOVE it.....if it came in Queen size I would offer you a pretty penny. Congrats. GORGEOUS

Sara said...

WOW, that is really really beautiful. You do great work!

Erika said...

yes, i agree! You NEED to get an etsy shop. you could be famous!!!