Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I agree with him

This guy just made me SMILE! He was sitting by the side of the road at a very busy intersection last Saturday afternoon. I actually didn't notice him until I heard someone yelling something and I started looking around to see what was going on. That was when I spotted him. Before I read the sign I expected it to say something like "homeless, can't work, please share a dollar or two" so I was very surprised when I saw what the sign did say! He was yelling to the passing cars things like "I smile at you and that is one smile, then everyone in your car smiles at someone else and that spreads smiles all around", "don't cost anything to give a smile", pass the smiles forward". I just had to wonder what would possess a person to subject themself to such an attention-getting venture? I wondered if he had lost a bet or was doing community service or just a do-gooder. You will notice that he did indeed need the wheelchair since he only had a partial left leg. I wonder if I'd be smiling if I lost part of my leg? or lots of other reasons that sometimes keep me from smiling.

Then the stop light turned green and traffic got going -- everyone heading off to important Saturday business but I'm guessing that alot of people were smiling at least for a few blocks, hopefully more. I'm still smiling when I think of him.

So go ahead, SMILE, won't cost you anything and then "pay 'em forward".
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

chanel said...

i am still laughing about your Halloween costume - you are too funnY! bet you had a great time! luv chanel