Friday, March 27, 2009

This week's update

Before:

 


After:

 


This is such a tiny little home improvement project but it makes such a difference! I have been wanting/needing to replace and update this light fixture over our kitchen dining area for quite some time. A couple weeks ago I finally just had to do it! I knew I didn't want to spend a lot on a new fixture but at the same time I wanted something nice, that I would enjoy looking at for the next 15 years. I actually found it at Costco... yea Costco! I thought I could do this little project all by myself (you know, it is tax season here and my hubby is not available for "honey do" requests) but after I took down the oh-so-outdated brass fixture (that you can still buy at Home Depot for $38) I realized the new fixture was going to be too heavy and awkward for me to handle alone. It sat on the table for several days until my dear, unsuspecting son came to visit one evening. He noticed!!!!! I didn't even have to ask him! It took him all of about 20 minutes and I don't have to worry about it falling down or shorting out. It just makes me smile every time I walk in the kitchen now. Hmmm, what's should I update next?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

katie k hymas said...

That looks great! Glad you could put that son of yours to good use!

Julie Pia said...

It's gorgeous Sherrie!
It's amazing how something so small can pack such a big punch. I love it!

Travelin'Oma said...

Think of all the times you were making sure that same son wasn't poking a key into an outlet (we had that experience.) While you weren't looking he learned electrician skills! Hooray for grown up sons!