Thursday, March 5, 2009

Creating (a mess!)

 

 


Since I have had so much fun lately creating some special scrapbookish things, it has inspired me to keep going. While I was on the "scrapbook cruise" with Heidi back in January, I got to take classes from other talented teachers as well. I showed you the project from Teresa Collin's class that I made for Paul for Valentines. Now I am putting together an album book of the cruise experience itself and I am using the project from Margie Romney-Aslett's class. Her class was a riot! She is a riot! One of the funniest, entertainingest, super creative people you will ever meet. I fell in love with her style of collecting memorabilia from her trips and adventures and how she puts EVERYTHING in her memory book. And I mean everything: photos, post cards, room keys, menus, business cards, stamps, receipts, ticket stubs... to her they all spark memories and have their own stories to contibute to the whole, overall experience. I have really enjoyed putting this book together; sifting through all the memorabilia and souvenirs had brought back the feelings of each activity and event for that wonderful week. I'm not quite done... it seems to have taken on a life of it's own. I'll post pics when I get it completed.

My poor sewing room is wondering what has happened inside it. Even the ironing board has a new purpose. I hope Paul doesn't expect anything to get ironed for a while! This illustrates why I don't scrapbook very much because I am the kind of person that need to see every paper or embellishment or option I might have to design my pages. Oh well, the results are worth the process!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Barbara said...

You have the scrapping bug!!
I love the room..that is my kind of crafting:) and my favorite thing in the room are the Baby wipes..hahaha
Really though, they are the greatest in school for the kids to get the glue off the tables..the tables are super clean and it smells good in the room too!
B.

katie k hymas said...

all that AND babysitting mr. b! you are good!