Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Whew... back to normal

You know the saying, "you don't really appreciate something until you don't have it anymore" -- or something close to that -- well, I am in total agreement! Yesterday morning our internet service went off and it has been a frustrating and annoying 30 or so hours.

Last week I called Qwest, our phone and internet provider, to cancel a service on our phone side that we never use and it costs us $4 a month so I decided if we don't use it I didn't want to pay for it any more. After the Qwest rep took care of that request he informed me that Qwest would like to give us 2 months of free internet service ... because we have been such loyal customers. I immediately was suspicious of what "free" meant so I quizzed him whether or not this would change anything about our service or our commitment. He guaranteed me that No, nothing would change... they just want to "thank" us for our business. So I agreed. (SUCKER!!!!) The next day I got a UPS envelope delivered to my house with a instructional CD and a user manual for upgrading to 20 M internet service! I just kind of set everything aside until yesterday morning when suddenly and unexpectedly our internet shut down. This triggered multiple calls to Qwest where I was traded back and forth between the "business" people and the "technical" people with lengthy "on hold" waits in between. Every time, I was transferred to a different person and I would have to explain the whole situation over and over. Finally, I got a rep who really did represent customer service and she put me on the right path and got the Qwest people lined up correctly too. She has even called 3 times to see if everything is working again.

So long story short... "all's well that ends well" but don't fall for "free" offers. Nothing is ever FREE.

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

Being without conveniences is NOT convenient. Our whole building had the water turned off "for repairs" yesterday from 9-4:30! We were warned and I assumed I was prepared because I had a bunch of water bottles in the fridge. Not enough to flush a toilet, I discovered!

chanel said...

well .. your blog looks amazing! hope you guys are all well and happy. thank you so much for the sweet Christmas card ... i thought that was so thoughful, my mum would do something like that! :-)
luv chanel