Friday, August 29, 2008

Lunch date

So my little household fixup projects seem to just keep on going... tile this, paint that, install new light fixtures, have electrical problems, need new carpet in the next room, on and on and on. Because of all these do-it-myself endeavors, I have been making a lot of trips to Home Depot. I'm getting to know the employees there on a first name basis -- Robert in tiling is THE BEST! So, the other day I was in the middle of one of my undertakings and I needed some more of whatever, so I ran down to Home Depot. While I was there I realized it was lunch time and I was hungry. Do you have a hot dog/brat vendor outside your Home Depot? We do here and I have to admit I really like getting a brat there. Paul likes them too. Since Paul's office is between Home Depot and our home, I decided I'd call Paul and see if he would like me to bring him a brat for his lunch. So while I was waiting for my brat to be grilled, I gave Paul a call on his cell phone:

Paul: Hello
Me: Hi, where are you?
Paul: I'm just sitting in the parking lot at Home Depot eating a brat!
Me: NO WAY!! I'm here at Home Depot getting a brat myself and I was calling to see if you wanted me to get one for you.
Paul: Come over to where I'm parked and we can have lunch together!

Who says we aren't spontaneous!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

So funny!!!
Great minds start to think alike after all those years together...
Hey those are the BEST BRATS in the parking lot from those carts.. we like it too on Saturdays for lunch. I am a cheap date!!!
fondly, B.

erika said...

that is so funny! and so cute that you guys were thinking on the same wavelength...

My Embellished Life said...

LOVE IT, Love It, love it!! :D You two are too cute! Cathy