Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Beaded bliss


I just love a unique, shiny, dangly necklace. Here are two that I got in China. Heidi has a favorite beading shop called Katherine Jewelry that is located on the 5th floor of the Silk Market (in case any of you are going to Beijing any time soon). I couldn't decide which color I liked the best so "when in doubt, just get both". She actually had this style in probably a dozen different colors. She had rows and rows of sparkling, beautiful beaded necklaces, bracelets, key chains, cell phone danglys, earrings. Just in case you didn't see what you wanted...


she also made custom requests. I had her make the two black necklaces so they hung just perfectly on my neck. I can wear them separately or together. The tan/beige necklace is some kind of natural stone. I seem to have a lot of browns in my wardrobe and I have gotten a lot of use from this one. The one feature I really LOVE the most about these black and tan necklaces are the magnet clasps! If and when I get back to China, I'm going to take all of my jewelry that I can never put on myself and have her put these fabulous magnet clasps on everything. It makes life so much more simple and doable!

The cute silver and gray beaded necklace and bracelet are my gift from Katie for tending Aspen while she was in China last week. It is just the perfect fit and length and it is very versatile. It works for dressy or casual outfits. Love them!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Such pretty things..
I like you "when in doubt" rule...heehhe
Looks like you had so much fun with Aspen playing Grandma the last few weeks.
Fun time...
Wow you look great in the picture at the zoo...are you sure you are as old as you say!!!
Fondly, B.