Monday, August 11, 2008

Arrrrr Matie!



Cory wasn't the only grandson to get a quilt from Grandma Kas for his birthday this past spring. Here is Collin's Captain Jack Sparrow quilt! It was so much fun to put these two quilts together at the same time. Cory's birthday was in April and Collin's was in May but because of our China trip, I was trying to put them together at the same time. Unfortunately, Collin's didn't get done before I went on my trip so he didn't get his until June. But I think he was OK with that... it was worth the wait.

I had found the pirate fabric last fall back in Virginia when we were on Paul's Blue Ridge Parkway bike trip. When I saw it, I knew I had to get it and do something for Collin. Then a few months later, Cam suggested that I make Collin a denim quilt and, ta da, I knew just the perfect combination.

As I was cutting out the blocks and laying them out, I actually had 2 extras rows on all sides but in the end, it was just way tooooooo big so I eliminated those rows and it turned out a much better size for a 5 year old. I hope he enjoys cuddling up in it as much as I enjoyed putting it together for him.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I just Love your quilts.. I wish I had that talent!
I have been reading Heidi's blog too ...fun times for her to be living there right now:)
I am back at school full time and my children this year are 4-5's (last year they were 5-6's) and so I am soooo beat when I get home. I don't know how many more years I can do this:0

Camdog said...

Trust me HE ENJOYS HIS PIRATE QUILT!!!