Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Daily photos 7,8 & 9




So here are the next 3 installments of my "daily photos" assignment:

7. I have kind of been a slacker when it has come to the art challenge portion of Heidi's online scrapbooking class but I pulled together all my creativity and actually finished this month's layout. It is called "remember forever". We were assigned to find a photo from some time ago and then journal about what we remember about how we felt at the time of the photo and how we felt about it now. My photo is of our little family on Christmas eve in 1983. This is a very precious photo since it is the last Christmas that Quinn was with us. I just love how excited all the kids are about Christmas... espeically Quinn. You can just see that no one is going to sleep that night! Back in those days, my little family was the center of my life and even today with everyone grown and with families of their own, my (growing) family is still the center of my life. It is good to remember this every now and again. Thanks for the challenge, Heidi.

8. Here is my cute hairdresser, Jean Kelly. She is the sweetest, nicest, funest, cutest hairdresser I know. And she just moved her scissors and hairdryer to a salon about 3 minutes from my office and home. Seriously, have you ever heard of having your favorite hairdresser actually move closer to you? Never... they always move farther and farther away and make it such a dilemma as to whether to keep going to them or not becuase it is such a hassle to get there but NOT FOR ME... (this time!) LaRane started getting her hair done by Jean about 2 1/3 or 3 years ago and I thought her hair always looked so great so I decided to give her stylist a try and have been so pleased ever since. I don't dare say too much more; I don't want to jinx myself! But she's a keeper!

9. Here is one of my most favorite meals ever and I have been eating it since I was a little girl -- grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup! When I was growing up, Monday was laundry day and Tuesday was ironing day for my mom. With eight kids there was always lots of clothes to wash, dry and iron. We could usually count on one of those nights having this very menu. So now when I come home from work and just can't think of anything to fix for dinner or I don't have the energy to get very ambitious, this is what I always fall back on and it never disappoints! It makes a yummy lunch also. There is one strict rule in my household though -- NO looking at the other side of the sandwich! Some people think I can't make a grilled cheese sandwich without burning one side but I say it is the pan's fault, not mine!

No comments: