Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fun Facts

A couple weeks ago while Heidi was in town, she decided that I needed to sign up on Facebook. I honestly didn't even know what Facebook was all about but since all my kids, and some grandkids, are on board, I decided to go for it. I have to admit that I have really enjoyed the networking and the little, realtime peeks into lots of friends and family members lives.

Then last week Heidi tagged me with a request to share 25 random facts about me. I took the challenge and this is what I came up with:

1. I have NO trouble falling asleep.
2. I really like my daily diet coke (in fact, I think I might need one right now).
3. I have 7 siblings including triplet brothers.
4. I love to travel! Travbuddy.com calculates that I have visited 11% of our planet. I need to kick up that number.
5. I grew up riding horses and I got my own saddle for my 16th birthday.
6. The shop where we bought my birthday saddle is now a quilt shop where I shop for fabric all the time - how random is that!
7. I love to make quilts. My favorite part is piecing together the quilt top; my least favorite part is the actual quilting.
8. I had a 23 day engagement before I got married. But it seems to have worked out for the past 38 years!
9. Our honeymoon was driving from SLC, UT to Baltimore, MD where Paul was assigned for military service.
10. I was Girls Association Historian my senior year of high school and put together a scrapbook of our activities for that year... maybe that is where Heidi got her talent from (probably not!).
11. I was treasurer of my dorm when I was in college. I have also been a treasurer of 2 other organizations and I love to balance my bank accounts.
12. I have no talent when it comes to singing.
13. I love to do the laundry, iron clothes and clean the bathroom because when you are done you can really see a difference; one exception, I detest cleaning the shower.
14. I like cats but won't have another one because I don't like litter boxes.
15. I have been on a diet since I was in high school and it is always the same 10 pounds. Why can't I get ride of them once and for all!
16. I love cookies, pastries and anything made with coconut and chocolate (about those 10 pounds...)
17. I have blue eyes. Paul has brown eyes. We have 2 children with blue eyes and 2 children with brown eyes but none of the grandkids have brown eyes, which really bugs Paul.
18. I love living where there are 4 season but I do complain a lot about the cold and snow (how much longer until spring?)
19. I did a semester abroad in Salzburg, Austria when I was in college. I even got to spend an Easter Sunday on the plaza in Vatican City and saw the Pope on his balcony giving his Easter message.
20. My car is paid off!
21. I love to read but I don't like to read the same book more than once. Memoirs are my favorite.
22. The first thing I do when I get up in the morning is make my bed. Then if I don't do anything else all day, I still have accomplished something.
23. Lake Powell is my all time favorite water skiing location. We used to go there every summer for a week and the highlight was to get up early and "ride the glass". Good times!
24. My family is my greatest joy!
25. I am very blessed!

1 comment:

Julie Pia said...

What fun facts about you Sherrie. You are such a sweetheart. I love that all the grandkids have blue eyes...hehe! see you tonight!