Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What a fun surprise!

I opened my comment area on my last post to discover that I had been nominated for this Kreativ Blogger award, much to my surprise, from my online friend, Vivian at Quilts with Love.
True, I have never met Vivian but we share a passion for quilting. She has a wonderful blog where she shares lots of quilts that she has machine quilted for clients on her longarm quilting machine. This is not a skill that I possess but one that I much admire. She always posts lots of colorful, upclose pictures of whatever quilt she has been working on and I always get so inspired. But then if that weren't enough just by itself, she always includes a glimpse of her life which just adds to the treat of the visit.

Thanks for your kind words about my blog. I guess this honor does come with some rules which are:

Rules:
1. Copy the award to your site.
2. Link to the person from whom you received the award.
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers.
4. Link to those on your blog.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominate.

So I am going to pay this forward by nominating these blogs for the prestigious Kreativ Blogger (award) too:

Travelin Oma - Marty is my BFF since she moved into my neighborhood when we were 11 years old. She is a prolific, insightful, creative writer and VERY well traveled! She has a unique, library themed blog that I love reading on a daily basis.

Verry Sherry - is a newfound friend that I was super lucky to be introduced to through an online "3 favorite things" swap last summer. She shares my passion for quilting. I'm sure that was what triggered us being chosen as swap partners. She is an American living an International life in the wonderful countryside of Ireland. And if that wasn't exciting enough, she has just launched a brand new magazine called "Irish Quilter". So talented!

Kindergarten Teacher - Barbara actually has two blogs which I love to check out. She is close to my age (probably lots younger really) and she is still teaching Kindergarten. You have got to have lots of energy to accomplish that everyday. She is an awesome mom and grandma also.


My favorite (stateside) daughter - Katie gets all the credit for what I know how to do on my blog! She is my technical support. Despite having to take care of her own 2 kiddies, she has Mommy duty too! If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be able to pass this award on.


My favorite (international) daughter - I think Heidi has to be the MOST creative person I know. People ask me all the time where she got her creativity from and I wish I could say "from me" but she gets ALL the credit. I am constantly in awe when I see what she creates. She has just launched a new venture called House of 3. It totally rocks.


My favorite (in-law) daughter - This is a new work in progress for LaRane. She has developed a rabid passion for photography and is taking classes and workshops to improve her skills. I love watching her grow and develop and enjoy seeing her "eye" on this blog.


Everything is Pink - Here is another cyberfriend that I originally met through an online swap. That was about 18 months ago and since then I have learned so much from just observing her life on her blog. She gets more done in a day than I do in a week! and I'm always getting great ideas from her posts. She has a second blog called 2 clever and it is another daily read.

I hope you might consider checking out these favorite blogs I have nominated and I hope you will enjoy meeting some new creative friends.

2 comments:

everything pink! said...

Are you kidding me??? This totally made my day.
We were kind of meant to be friends don't you think?
Did you know that when our family was serving downtown in the D.C. ward, I would wear the apron you made me everytime I did "Sher-ing Time" in primary.
The kids loved it! and then I would end up wearing it after church when we would serve dinner to everyone.
Thanks again for the shout out and the great comments about 2cleverblog - my friend think and i sure are having fun with it, so it is good to hear someone else is too!

Travelin'Oma said...

Was this award inspired by the darling photo of you I posted today?? I think my timing was excellent. The incredible thing is that you still look like you did at 19!

Thanks for this compliment. And I'm honored to be in such good company. These are all first-class blogs.