Thursday, November 13, 2008

Last week -- this week


Hawaii was wonderful... except for the price of gas and food! This was the price of gas just 10 days ago when we were on the island of Molokai. Ouch! It was quite as high on Maui. When we first arrived, we paid $3.88 a gallon and by the time we left 2 weeks later the price had dropped to $3.55. Still very pricey!


No, this isn't an old photo. I actually bought gas at Sam's Club yesterday and this is what I paid! Of course, I went for the unleaded gas! I can not remember the last time I paid less than $2 a gallon. It only cost me $42 to fill up my tank. Not too long ago it was costing me almost $100 when I would fill up. As much as we talked about how wonderful it would be to live in Hawaii with it's idealic climate, delightful sea breezes and laidback lifestyle, I think financially we're better off here.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: