Monday, February 4, 2008

Teach the children



Is it ever too young to start teaching the grandkiddies a few important "life skills". Here's a couple of learning opportunities from our Sunday evening get togethers.

Last night I let Aspen help me with dishwashing because she loves to play in the bubbles. When I gave her the dish cloth she climbed down from her chair and began scrubbing the floor. Maybe she noticed that she had splashed bubbles down there but she was all about getting it cleaned up! She was showing her inner Princess... you know, that's how Cinderella got her start!

The Sunday before we all went over to Katie and Clark's to celebrate Clark's birthday and try out his birthday gift -- play station 2 with guitar hero 3! Collin joined right in and didn't miss a beat. Well, his guitar wasn't exactly plugged into the system but he was strumming his heart out. He'll probably be putting together a neighborhood garage band this summer!

We can hardly wait for the Swapps to get here this week sometime... that's when the 10-day party will begin!!! I'll keep you posted!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

I love the age when cleaning intersects playtime. Have a funny reunion with your Chinese relatives!

megara said...

Hey, I just thought I would click over to your blog because I knew it would be nothing short of fabulous!! I'm still new at the whole thing and need some pointers! I can't believe the Musee D'Orsay used to be a hotel! It is so beautiful. I bet your scrapbooks are incredible from your study abroad.... I may have to come see sometime!

sista # 2 said...

So cute! When my oldest was small, she loved cleaning the baseboards!
As long as I gave her a box of huggies wipes and a towel -she thought it was sooo fun;) heehee