Tuesday, February 5, 2008

So Cute!


My sweet, talented friend Patti gave me the cutest watch for Christmas. She had made the watch band herself! It is actually the watch band with the big white pearls. I have loved it so much! She told me that she would show me how to make them so tonight we got together for a little tutorial.

First I stopped at a bead shop in Sugar House and picked out the turquoise and brown and silver beads. Then I met Patti at Paradise Bakery for dinner and a little bit of "catch up" in the "life and times" department (she's headed off to Cabo in 10 days) and then we went to her house and got down to business.

It was soooooooo easy and so much fun! (sorry the photo is kind of blurry) It took all of about 30 minutes to put it all together. The watchbands have "lobster claws" that attach to the watch face so I can just switch out the bands to match whatever outfit I am wearing.
Right now it seems like I have about 4 brown and turquoise outfits thus my choice of colors. I can hardly wait to go find some more beads... the possibilities are endless! Thanks Patti for such a fun evening!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

katie k hymas said...

so cute! just add that one to your endless hobby list. you might have to re-arrange some space in your quilt/scrapbooking room. these would make really great gift ideas... hint hint!

Travelin'Oma said...

I love this watch band! I need to have a big face to my watch (so I can see it) and those don't come with pretty bands. What a great idea.