Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm going to try...


A couple of years ago my sister gave me this plaque for my birthday. I had planned to hang it up in my house right after I got it but I put it in a closet and pretty much forgot about it. As I was organizing my closets after Christmas I found it again and decided that it really did a good job of summing up alot of things I thought were valueable and things I thought would be worthwhile to work on on a daily basis this year. So I found the perfect spot for it and have hung it up. Now everyday when I come down my staircase from my bedroom to the main level I see this and am reminded.

Since each suggestion begins with a letter of the alphabet that means there are 26 things I can work on. And since there are 52 weeks in a year, that means I can focus on each thing twice (atleast). I'm not going to go so far as to call this my new year's resolutions for this year because I'm not a big fan of making those. I do like to be inspired and motivated and I take to things that are "do-able". Besides I like that these encouraging tidbits are hanging on my wall and not written in some journal or note card tucked away in a drawer.

All ready it helped me "pack lightly" when we went to Mexico!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

katie k hymas said...

sounds like a worthwile effort!

erika said...

i love it. i just might implement that in my own life!