Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Hope They Call Me On A Mission...

 

 

 


And they did!

Yesterday wasn't just a huge, momentous day because it was the END of our tax season but because it coincidentally ushered in the beginning of our new future as missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in
NEW ZEALAND!!

We are so excited!!!!! The title of this blog is the name of a Primary (Children's auxillary in our Church) song that I have sung my whole life without really expecting it to apply to me. But for the last 3 years or so Paul and I have been trying to get our life in a situation where we could leave and serve a full-time mission for our Church. In February we began all of our medical exams to verify that we are indeed healthy enough to go. Then in March we sent in our "paper" (our application) to Church headquarters and we have been sitting on "pins and needles" (anouther quilting term) ever since just waiting to see where we would be called to serve. We will leave for our assignment the first part of August and we will serve for 18 months!!!

I want to write more but we have to go to dinner with some friends who are waiting to hear our good news but I at least wanted to share my life-changing news with you first!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Liz said...

Congratulations! We've been waiting for the great news. Thanks for posting so quickly. So exciting!

Kage said...

OH MY GOODNESS! This is SO exciting. Congratulations! You are becoming such world travelers!

nicole b said...

Congratulations! You will make wonderful missionaries. What an exciting place to go share the gospel. Olivia will miss you as her Primary teacher!

kj said...

Those huge smiles on your faces are bigger than I've seen in a long time. We are thrilled for you.

Martha said...

That is such wonderful news and to get to serve in such a cool place. I hope you can keep blogging in NZ.

Barbara said...

There are tears in my eyes.
Not sure why...except I am very happy for you.
My Tyler served his mission in NZ ...Auckland.
Can't wait to hear more details.
Hope you will continue to blog while you are there.
Love, B.

Travelin'Oma said...

I've known you a long, LONG time and I've never heard you so excited! I could feel your enthusiasm right through the phone. WHAT AN ADVENTURE!! I hope your assignment includes converting us all to missionary work through very regular blog posts the whole 18 months!

Sherry said...

Wow! Congratulations! I have two thoughts, 1. New Zealand, oh the quilting! in 2011, a great exhibition not to miss and 2. isn't your family coming home from China? that must now be bittersweet? but focus on the good bits!! xo

Mon's Blog said...

Congratulations!!

chanel said...

WOW ... i can't wait to hear where you are going to be. That is so funny you are going to NZ ... i hope you are in the North Island ... how exciting!
luv Chanel

Vivian Love said...

How exciting for you! Perhaps you'll meet my son, Elder Love, my BabyBoy, serving in the Auckland mission after July 8th! Small world!

Alisa said...

Congratulations- I lurk most of the time here on your blog, but had to come out of hiding to wish you the best. What an amazing journey you will have preparing to go, and serving the Lord.

The Muirs said...

Such exciting news...I hooked into your blog through Julie Pia's blog and was surprised to hear your great news. You'll be great missionaries. My mom and dad just arrived in Johannesburg, South Africa 2 weeks ago to serve for 18 months. Congratulations!
Kristen Muir