Monday, January 5, 2009

Post-Christmas clean up


From the looks of this shelf you would think that I have gone crazy with my cleaning and reorganizing ... not so!
Let me give you the story.
I had a huge extended family Christmas party at my house about the middle of December. It was a great success. Probably about 50 people showed up. There were guests of every age from infants to my 90 year old parents. I even asked the Elders that are living in our basement to please move all their belongings into their bedroom so the kids could play downstairs. By the end of the evening the basement was a total disaster. Paul was brave enough to go down there and pull it all back together while I cleaned up the main level and did all the dishes. The next day Paul asked me what I had done with all my Beanie Babies that I normally have displayed on the above shelf. He assumed that I put them all away before the party began -- which I didn't so you can imagine my surprise when I saw the entire shelf EMPTY. (By the way, No One is supposed to touch those little cuties -- not even my grandkids who actually do a pretty good job of resisting the temptation to cuddle them when I'm not looking.) We could not imagine where they all were! I couldn't imagine that all the kids took them home with them. So after some creative searching, here is what we found...


piles and piles of beanie babies stashed behind the couch!
I actually hadn't gotten around to pulling them out until today.


Here is what the pile looked like after I had thrown them all together. I was shocked! I knew I had alot but wow that is a LOT of Beanie Babies. I decided to count them as I organized them and put them into more secure, plastic storage containers. I found that I have 166 regular size babies, 40 mini sized babies and 21 Attic Treasures Beanie Babies. I quit buying Beanie Babies when they came out with the black teddy bear named "The End". I'm quite sure I'll never add up how much I spent on this collection but I have to admit, I do still really like them.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kj said...

So glad we got to see the visuals. It was just as I had imagined. Do you think any of your little guests will ever share the magical form of transportation from shelves to behind the sofa? I suspect it will never be repeated. A once in a lifetime event (that was pretty funny but don't tell them). The beanies are loving your TLC now.

Barbara said...

That is a great shelf for your collection:)
Glad you were able to rescue all of them:)
Years from now, as grown up adults, those children will have a wonderful story to tell you about what really happened!!!
B.