Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 -- It Was A Very Good Year!


Happy (almost) NEW YEAR!!!
I have that classic Frank Sinatra song running through my head right now... "It Was A Very Good Year".

I just sat down and decided that since I do such a poor job of keeping my life journaled on a daily basis that I would at least attempt to write down the highlights of 2008. I surprised myself by compiling 12 pages of favorite memories from this year, month by month. Despite how bogged down I tend to get on a daily basis, after having looked back I have come to the conclusion that indeed it was a
VERY GOOD YEAR.

So many of my favorite memories included what is shown in this photo: family and quilts!
(that is baby Bryson's new quilt called "Cute as a Bug!" made from the Creatures and Critters fabric line)

Instead of making lots of New Year's resolutions that tend to weigh me down and point out my shortcomings, I prefer to reminisce over what actually did get accomplished and what buoyed me up. It was so inspiring and gratifying to go over each month and see how many major events happened on a daily basis that are quickly overtaken by the next days and weeks of just normal life that really is special and important if I will just try to be more aware of them at the time.

Just to mention a few of my favorites: Trips: St. George, Cabo San Luca, Hawaii, Beijing CHINA!
Family: my dad's 90th birthday, birth of my 9th grandchild, lots and lots of Grandma times
Marriage: 38years of wedded bliss (only Eternity to go)
Professional: retirement!!!
Physical: hiked to new heights and saw stunning sights
Spiritual: new Prophet
Political: new President

I love turning new pages and looking forward to what lies ahead. I do try to plan and despite what I tell my kids, I do have a few goals but for the most part I just am excited to close the book on 2008 and open up the blank pages of 2009 and get ready for how this new year will begin to come together.

I hope all of you will be along with me for the adventure and embrace your own adventures!

Here's to 2009!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Erika said...

you are awesome! i really like the "highlights" of the year instead of pointing out all of our shortcomings that really do weigh us down. definitely food for thought :)

kj said...

A buggy quilt for Bryson, That is so, so cute. I love the giant rickrack on Aspen's. You have had busy hands.