Monday, January 26, 2009

Welcome to the 21st Century!


I almost hate to admit what I'm going to blog about today but I'm so excited about it that I have to any way!

Audiobooks!
What a great way to multitask and read at the same time!!
Now, I've known about audiobooks but I have just never tried one before and now I'm hooked!

I downloaded this book ("Sam's Letters to Jennifer" by James Patterson) before I went on my cruise but I must have goofed up because I couldn't get it to work right while I was gone. Last week, I redid my download and got it right this time. I came home from the cruise to a very neglected house so I decided to listen to my ebook while I was cleaning. Two treats in one -- a clean house and a great story! Then this weekend Paul and I had to make a quick trip down to southern Utah and once again, listening to a book while driving made the miles pass by in no time and even calmed me during the tense, snowy, treacherous road conditions. Usually neither of us wants to drive because we have a good book that we are hoping to get to read instead of being bored silly while hanging on to the steering wheel and snacking on junk food.

Ok, so now that I am somewhat caught up to all you fore-front, leading-edge, tech-savy people, where do you like to get your audiobooks from on the internet? I got this first one from the apple store at I tunes but the selection seemed limited. I'd love any suggestions you can share with me. Thanks and go LISTEN to a good book!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow ..new look for your blog..you tech savvy lady!
I have listened to church type books in the car while I travel...but I don't have a fancy "Pod" like you.. I have a hard time multitasking...but I think it sound wonderful to enjoy a book and clean at the same time!!!
B.

A said...

Hi Mama K - I recently discovered that our local library has audio books that can be "checked out". I doubly enjoy that for which my checkbook is not required ! A

Vivian Love said...

Love your blog and all your adventures and fun projects. I nominated you for a blogger award on my blog. Check it out! Take care, Vivian Love