Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fun projects


Last week I had my neighborhood quilt group over to my house for a fun little sewing project. I taught about seven women how to make these easy baby receiving blankets. As a bonus, we used the left over scraps of fabric to make the cute matching bibs. All of the women finished at least one of each and then went home excited to make bunches more. They are such "instant gratification projects". I'm sure if you were to google "self-binding receiving blanket" you could find the pattern online.


Then I thought I'd share my recently completed Halloween quilt. I can't remember if I have already shown any pictures of this one or not. I started this quilt around Halloween last year because I absolutely love all the fabulous fabrics that come out for this crazy holiday. And I loved this quilt pattern because I could use so many different fabrics. I think I made 2 blocks of each of the same fabrics but since there are a total of 32 pinwheel blocks that use 3 fabrics each, I was able to pack a huge variety of fabrics into this quilt.


I pieced the blocks together on my sewing machine and then I took it to my wonderful machine-quilting lady to finish it up. I say "recently completed" because I just got around to putting the binding on the edges but it has been mostly finished since about June. I'm excited to put it on display this year along with my other Halloween decorations. Just a little bit of "eye candy" to go along with the candy corn and mini snickers!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ShariK said...

Love your quilts. I actually bought a couple of quilting books and a pattern and fabric this weekend. I haven't quilted since I took up scrapbooking several years ago! I've got the itch again!

Unknown said...

Hi Sherrie!
It's Corrine Lloyd. I don't even know how I found my way here, but it's fun to see your cute projects. Keep up the good work! You are inspiring much sewing at my house!