Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Favorites in the mail!


It isn't often that I get REAL mail any more but this week was a treat! Back in June I signed up to participate in a "My Favorites Swap" and I was paired up with my new favorite person in Ireland, another Sherry. This is the fun (handmade, I'm sure) package I received at my doorstep.


This is what I discovered all neatly put together just for me! So many little treats to explore. She has a favorite shop near here home that is called Avoca. It is one of the oldest family-run businesses in all of Ireland. This shop is known for it's traditional handwoven rugs and throws but what Sherry really likes are all of the "gifts, gadgets, goodies and lovely everyday trinkets". So she generously picked out well more than 3 of her favorites to send to me to fast become my favorites! She has included lovely, fragrant bath petals; flower-shaped scrub sponges; colorful clothes pins; pink & green THICK dish clothes; a sweet teeny, tiny silver spoon; teeny tiny colored pencils; a fabulous cookbook called Avoca Tea Time filled with the most delicious looking photos and recipes; and to top it all off -- chocolates Roses by Cadbury! Isn't that just the best combination of fancy little tidbits to enjoy on a daily basis! I am so lucky to have gotten such a clever swap partner! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have restored my appreciation for snail mail!

PS: I have definately added Ireland to my "must visit" list!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: