Friday, March 7, 2008

Quilt of the Week



...is a work in progress. I thought I'd show you what I'm working on right now. I haven't started a new quilt for quite some time -- probably since I made the other red, white and blue quilt for the Quilts of Valor foundation last fall. By the time Thanksgiving and Christmas came and went and then January rolled around with the beginning of tax season, most of my free time was already taken up with things not of my choosing. But I have noticed that when I get overwhelmed with daily responsibilities I find myself in dire need of some stress relief and then I turn to a new quilt project. I saw this pattern in one of my quilt magazines and decided I needed a smallish wallhanging for the month of July. I purposely choose a pattern with lots of small pieces and something that I could get totally absorbed in. Since I am lucky enough to have a dedicated sewing room and no little ones living here on a regular basis, I can leave my project all spread out and available to me for any spare minutes I come up with. So far I have been working on this project for about 2 - 2 1/2 weeks. All of the blocks are being machine pieced and I intend to hand quilt this one so I expect it will take until July to finish. I love knowing that I have something fun waiting for me when I need some decompression! Stay tuned for the finished results!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

sista # 2 said...

I am just thinking-where do you keep all your beautiful creations?
You could probably'wall-paper' your
house with them :)heehee
What a fun talent you have!