Thursday, March 20, 2008

It must be Spring!



Besides the fact that the calendar says today is the first day of Spring, I took my empty flower pots back to the nursery that "magically" fills them and keeps them in their hothouse until around Mother's Day when I pick them up again and they are well on their way to being the highlight of my yard and the office also. I discovered this nursery and it's planter refilling program about 5 or 6 years ago. Every year about the middle of March I drive clear across the valley to a part of Salt Lake that I don't get to very often and return my planters, per their instructions. These planters are the only place in my yard that I have colorful annual flowers. It is always so much fun to pick up the planters and the flowers are already 6 weeks along and full and bright and beautiful. All I have to do is choose what colors I want -- they do all the rest of the work. I'll post a picture on pick up day and you'll be impressed! To be continued........
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Barbara said...

What a great idea.
Even in Az this would be nice. WE went to Cali last week and the wildflowers are in full bloom... sooo pretty.
This has to be my favorite time of year ..anywhere that we have lived.
Went to Heidi's blog the other day and the picture of the baby looks so much like the picture of Heidi on the right of the her blog page... cute.
Happy Easter...
Fondly, B.
PS I love the new look to your blog:)

Travelin'Oma said...

You've redecorated while I've been gone! It all looks fresh and new, and cute!