Monday, March 24, 2008

Hunting for Easter eggs




You'll be happy to know that the Easter egg hunt was a huge success this year. I even think ALL the surprises were found. The best part was that we could actually have this fun little event outside which doesn't always happen here in Utah. The in-house egg hunts just aren't quite the same. In an attempt to not overload the grandkids with too much sugar I found some extra little bonus surprises. I included some Playdoh packed in plastic eggs (too bad your kids weren't here Heidi -- I know how much you love Playdoh!), a plastic ice cream cone full of a bubble blower, another big egg with little stuffed Backyardigan characters... Pablo was the hit and then I found an egg that you submerge in a cup of water for 48 hours and a chick hatches (not sure how that one will workout but I just hope it doesn't get eaten first!). Aspen and Collin are the perfect age for this much loved tradition. They would squeal with delight everytime they found an egg. Cache wasn't quite sure what was going on but I guarantee that next year he'll be right in the middle of it all making sure he gets his fair share as well!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

katie k hymas said...

Thanks for the fun easter egg hunt, grama! I loved it so much, I even had to sleep with my eggs that night. Mommy showed me the play dough but I don't really get it. I love the bubbles, but mommy hid them from me when we are inside. i love tyrone, he goes everywhere with me. But mommy hid all my candy too... what a mean mommy i have. I just need to hang out with gramma more! love, Aspen

chanel said...

so so cute ... luv chanel
p.s. i am wondering if aspen's mommy is eating her candy too! lol - what a cute post!