Monday, December 24, 2007

Our paintings



Here are the two original paintings that we own. The first one we had commissioned with Joe. It is called "Grandpa, Dad and me". It is a portrait of Paul's dad and Paul and our son Cameron. The props in the picture were things that belonged to us. Cameron is sitting on my saddle (I got it for my 16th birthday) and the hats were Paul's and his dad's. The horse belonged to Joe but he painted our name on the shed. I had sewn the plaid shirt that Paul happened to wear for the photo shot that day. This picture brings back alot of memories. I think Cameron is like 5 at this time and he totally remembers this whole experience.

The second painting is called "No Tresspassing". Paul's dad did a lot of modeling for Joe and he never got paid for his time. He absolutely loved dressing up and becoming this character so he didn't mind doing it for free. I think Joe probably painted about 12 or 15 paintings using "Howdy K" as the subject. Years and years later, Paul went to Joe and asked if he could buy a painting to give to his Dad and Joe ended up giving this to him as "back pay" for his modeling. We later inherited it. (Sorry the photos are so dark but hopefully you can still see enough to get the feel of these paintings).

I have these two paintings hanging in our home along with the gun grandpa is holding and the hats that all the guys are wearing. These are all family treasures -- along with the new book!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: