Thursday, December 13, 2007

One more Nativity



Since I have a nativity theme going from the last post I thought I'd share one more nativity. I made this quilt about 5 years ago. I found the border fabric which has four scenes from the nativity story: the angels, the wisemen, the shepherds and the stable. I photocopied the fabric and then drew simple drawings of each of those scenes and then embroidered them on muslin. I found a quilt pattern where I could insert the embroidered pieces between fancy pieced blocks and then I had the whole quilt machine quilted by a friend. I love the way it turned out. Just another reminder of the "reason for the season".
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

This is the neatest quilt! You ought to have a quilt library so people like me could "check out" the ones you're not using at the moment and decorate our walls with your creations!

Travelin'Oma said...

P.S. I love reading Heidi's blog from China. The photos of her kids are so cute and her adventures so interesting.

kONniKaLITa said...

that quilt is so beautiful! it is my favorite one so far!