Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Quilt of the Week



I started this quilt 2 years ago (2005) this month. My grandson Collin has always been so fascinated with construction-type trucks -- backhoes, earth movers, dump trucks, basically everything depicted on the quilt. When I saw this pattern I knew I had to make it for him. It was such a lot of fun. I loved using such vibrant primary colors and each new block was unique and challenging. I found some fabric that had lots of different little kids faces so I added faces as drivers to each of the machines and trucks. I still can't believe that I hand appliqued a quilt for a 3 year old; a quilt that I expected him to use, no less. I did have it machine quilted though. I gave it to him for Christmas that year and he was thrilled when he saw it. He still sleeps with it every night. I hope he feels like I'm hugging him all night long when he goes to bed!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Camdog said...

Best truck quilt ever! He does sleep with it every night.

Travelin'Oma said...

And when he becomes a trucker he can take it along and it will match the decor. Very cute.