Saturday, July 21, 2007

Birthday Girls



Here we are, the two July birthday girls. First off is Katie. (age 4 in the top photo) I need to wish her a "Happy Belated Birthday" since I was in Arizona on her actual special day -- July 12th -- and didn't get around to posting about her. Katie is my "baby". I had decided that I wanted to have all my children before I turned 30 and I gave birth to Katie 9 days before my 30th birthday (it is also really helpful in remembering how old I am by just adding 30 years to Katie's age). She has been such a joy in my life ever since! Katie is a smart, savvy, talented, compassionate, considerate, patient, fun, adventurous, kind, loving, thoughtful, spiritual, beautiful daughter, sister, wife, mother, nurse and best friend to everyone. Our family has been truly blessed to have her as one of us.

And if you add those 9 days to July 12th, you will see that today is my birthday! So, Happy Birthday to me! Yup, that's me in the 2nd photo at one years old. I still have a few more years in the 50's category so I'm not freaking out about this birthday. I'm actually really grateful to be as happy, healthy and involved as I seem to be right now. Not too much exciting planned for today other than the wedding of a niece, lunch with some of the kids and RED VELVET CAKE! Here's to another year in the books!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

katie k hymas said...

july birthdays are the best! We're glad Connor could join the club! Happy birthday to you mom! love you!

A said...

Happy Birthday Gramakas from one July baby to another. A

Rane said...

Red Velvet Cake?? When? Where? What time? hehe

i must admit, July really is a fun month for a birthday. Aside from the three birthday's in July...we have the 4th and the 24th so it's just full of fun and it really feels like a month to simply celebrate and relax!!! Hope you're having a great day.

Happy Birthday...you and KT!!!

Travelin'Oma said...

Happy Birthday to one of my oldest friends!

hks said...

happiest birthday mom! i love you so much and really wish i could be with you! so i get to be with you on katie's b-day and her on yours!! hmmm? i hope this was a wonderful day!

Kay said...

Belated HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you & many thanks for the birthday wishes on my blog. I have always thought IF I lived in the USA, I would get a holiday on my birthday! What is RED VELVET CAKE? Sounds YUM & probably very fattening :) Also CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your 7th grandbaby, Connor. What a little darling he is!! Cheers!