Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Quilt of the week


Here is another one of my quilts that I thought I'd share with you. I actually replaced the tie quilt above my desk with this one because it is more summery. This quilt was made from a pattern by a company called "Piece of Cake" and is titled "Tulips in the Park". I seldom make a quilt exactly like it is designed but this time was an exception. And I actually used the fabric that was released along with the pattern. It was the first time I had used a brown background and I loved how the colors popped because of the strong contrast. All the flowers are hand appliqued and then the blocks and border strips were machine pieced together and then I did have it machine quilted by someone else. The original pattern had 12 blocks in the center but I wanted mine to be square so I chose 9 blocks that I liked the best instead. No matter how hot or dry it gets this summer, these tulips will keep blooming as fresh and radiant as ever.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

colton b. said...

i love that you are documenting your quilts this way! so fun...
maybe i should have a "quilt that my mom made me of the week"
lol
heidi

Erika said...

I can see where Heidi gets her talent. You are amazing! I love seeing your quilts each week.

katie k hymas said...

that is one of my favorites... have i put my name on it?