Friday, June 8, 2007

Class assignment


Heidi has been teaching a year-long online scrapbooking class on the Big Picture Scrapbooking website. There are 1200 participants in her class and I am lucky enough to be one of them. The theme of the class is "A Year To Remember". At the beginning of the year, she encouraged everyone to choose a goal for the year... something they wanted to work on or include in their life. Then each month she introduces a theme for that month along with "life" challenges that help motivate you in regards to your goal and "art" challenges that help you interpret your goal on a scrapbook page. This month's theme is "change" and that change is good -- "if it weren't for change, we wouldn't have butterflies". So this is my attempt at meeting the challenge for this week. Basically I have evolved from a baby to a child and now to a grandmother and I get to enjoy it all again through my grandchildren. I really had so much fun creating this page using all the techniques that Heidi also taught (step-by-step) in this week's lesson. What a joy and a thrill to see Heidi in her element and get to participate with her and create lasting memories as well. She is one talented lady that's for sure!!! (and she is responsible for 5 of my soon to be 8 grandchildren!)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rane said...

Your page looks so GREAT!!! love the butterflies. Such a cute layout!!

hks said...

wow mom! you rocked that one! it turned out awesome, i think that the quilting background give you an edge picking out papers and stuff!
nice work... and of course, love seeing my little cute faces!
capri looks so little there!
heidi

Kay said...

I can see where Heidi gets her talent from! Your page is AWESOME. I am enjoying seeing Chanel's weekly pages also. TOO much talent around thats for sure. WHEN someone visits who can show me how to post photos on my blog...I will hopefully start doing 'pages' also. I LOVED your cabin stories & pics. What a cool place! Cheers, Kay, Orere, NZ

A said...

Okay Mama K - Your post has officially inspired me and I am (s.l.o.w.l.y) learning and practicing the intricacies of blogging. Now - if I can only straighten out my baby chicks !!

chanel said...

your page looks fabulous ... i am so impressed!