Friday, May 25, 2007

April showers bring May flowers...


My garden seems to have suddenly erupted in blossoms and it is stunning, if I do say so myself. I have eight rose bushes in my front yard which are a rainbow of color: red, tangarine, pale pink, candy cane striped (in photo), yellow, white, lavender and deep pink. This is the peak season for the next two weeks or so and actually every where around the valley the roses are just bursting with color and variety. As for my mock orange bush it is being an overachiever. I planted it because I wanted to enjoy the orange fragrance but there has never been any fragrance just this incredible show which totally works for me. What a joy nature is. Take some time to smell the roses!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

katie k hymas said...

Looks like you must have really Neglected your plants, apparently that's the recipe for success!

hks said...

wow mom.. they look amazing.. wish we had some of that in az. no dice...
i would be happy w/ some fake grass!
hks

chanel said...

they are beautiful ... we are in a drought here, so don't see stunning flowers like that very often! enjoy your week luv chanel

MP said...

Hi there! I LOVE your roses! I was wondering what the white bush is. I live in TX and I think it would do well here.
Thanks!