Friday, December 5, 2008

Big slacker!


I know, I know, I've been a big slacker in the blogging world! So here is a clue as to where I am this week.
Here are some hints:
1. our favorite short, weekend, getaway location (a quick 4 hour drive)
2. usually lots warmer and sunnier than it is at home (not this weekend, we're freezing!)
3. Pizza factory and outlet shopping
4. this is the view off our 3rd floor condo balcony of the beautiful red rocks and Snow Canyon state park

I know my kids and extended family members know exactly where Paul & I are --

4
Saint George, Utah!

Every year during the first weekend of December, Paul signs up for some CPE (continuing professional education) at a seminar held here in St. George. Usually by now Salt Lake is cold and officially in winter mode so we like to escape down south where it is still fall. The trees here are still full with bright yellow and orange leaves and except for yesterday, it is sunny and bright and a somewhat warmer 57 degrees compared to Salt Lake's 40 something degrees. Paul brought his bike along in hopes of a couple of rides. He got one in on Weds afternoon when we arrived and he's hoping for another long ride on Saturday. The other two days are spent listening to IRS tax regualtions (booooorrrrring!).

Now I, on the other hand, am having a delightful couple of do-what-ever-I-want days! So far it has been mostly visiting all my favorite quilt stores, books stores and the Red Cliffs mall. Oh yeah, don't forget the HUGE TJ Maxx they have here too! Mostly my shopping consists of just browsing but there are some really good sale items I have come across that I wasn't able to just ignore. I even got our Christmas package mailed off to China from here yesterday. I hope it gets there before everyone heads off to Austrailia!

Well, it's noon already; so I better get off the computer and get out and about. I only have 5 more hours before I have to pick up Paul. So hard to decide where to go first...Target? Pier One? Christensen's?..............
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

You are all about the big and little get-aways! Is this the best time of life, or what??

Cut the Crazy Out of Christmas said...

I'm a St. Geo fan too. Go to Christensens - it's amazing how they pack so much stuff into one small store.

Barbara said...

What fun to "get away" without going all that far and not having to board an airplane...hehehe
Shopping...I am so jealous I have more to do and I have to teach till Friday and the California kids come Saturday...Gramma will just have to "slip away" to do that last minute stuff:)
Merry Christmas
B.