Monday, April 28, 2008

Quilt of the Week(end)



When Paul & I go to St. George I always like to take a quilt project. This the quilt I made this past weekend. This was from my neighborhood quilt group for this month. My good friend Robyn had quilt group at her house and instead of just having us work on one of her quilts, she taught a class with this as the pattern. Since quilt group was the day after the tax deadline, I had not been out shopping for just the perfect fabrics so the morning of quilt group I raced into the closest quilt shop that is less than 1/2 mile from my house (lucky, lucky me!) and immediately saw the border fabric and knew that was going to be my inspiration piece. After choosing that it was easy to find a few other fat quarters that matched. Even with my quick detour I was still the second person to arrive and I was there by 10:15 am. The pattern is really easy and very fun to put together though it does require precision in the cutting and piecing. The second photo is Robyn's quilt. She is an interior decorator and has a great eye for color. This is a very small piece that can be used as either a table topper or a wallhanging. I pieced it on my sewing machine but I most likely will hand quilt it since it is so small. Nothing rejuvenates me like a sweet new quilt!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Vivian Love said...

Love the quilts! Great job. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Travelin'Oma said...

I used to have an antique quilt on my wall and I hung it up with nails! Right through the fabric. I didn't know there were cool ways to hang quilts up. I especially like the way they hang from your staircase. Can you buy hands like that?

Barbara said...

When do you leave for China?... Soon isn't it?
I didn't miss it did I?
Maybe you are there right now...having fun I am sure:)
Fondly, B.

Cher said...

Hi Sherrie!!! I love your blog. Glad all was well in China. I can't wait to hear about it. I was just concerned so I thought I would check! Also loved your quilts and your book list! I have read all but one. Keep posting. Cheri!!!

Rebekah said...

what is the name of this quilt pattern! I'd like to make a simlar one myself :)