Thursday, April 10, 2008

Quilt of the Week


I know it has been a lot longer than a week since I last featured a quilt here but since my life consists of nothing more than tax returns right now I'm happy to focus on my quilts.

I started this quilt back in August of 2004. I had pulled this pattern out of a magazine and had been considering it for a couple of years. I decided that I wanted a wallhanging for my living room and this seemed perfect. In the magazine it was titled "Chutney" but I have titled mine "Mosiac Magic". I started with the floral fabric that is in the centers of the 4 main blocks. That was my theme fabric and it matches some other fabric in the living room. My carpet is very close in color to the bluish/aqua colored fabrics I choose. My couches are gold and the crimson is just a nice accent addition. This was quite an intricate quilt to piece together. It took some concentration to make sure all the different shades of the crimson and golds ended up in the right spots.

I pieced the blocks together on my sewing machine in about 4 weeks (you know, working on it off and on) but then it took me another 4 months to complete the hand quilting part. It is 43" x 43" so not too big but not too small either... it is Just Right!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

You must have a lot of cute walls!

Vivian Love said...

I did a search for the Joseph Smith quilt and came upon your blog. Where does one get that pattern? Is it available online anywhere. I love all 3 LDS quilts you did on a previous post. Thanks.
Vivian Love, California
email: quiltswithlove@sbcglobal.net
blog: quiltswithlove.blogspot.com

kelly said...

i love being invited to view all your quilts!

A said...

Mama K - During this season when you are so busy helping others I wanted to make sure I dropped by to wish you a warm and happy spring. Amy