Friday, August 31, 2007

Quilt of the Week


This is one of my most favorite quilts that I have ever made. It is called "Summer Beauty". It is the only quilt that I have made that is totally made by hand: hand pieced, hand appliqued and hand quilted! I found the pattern for it at a quilt shop in Scottsdale, AZ and started making it in Feb. 1996. I finished it in March of 1997. I entered this quilt in the Springville Quilt show (see last week's Quilt of the Week post) that year and was thrilled to have it accepted for exhibition. I also entered it in the Tribune Spring Home & Garden quilt show right after I finished it and it won a 1st place ribbon in the small quilts category. I had it hanging in my family room for several years but those dark fabrics have a tendenacy to fade with constant exposure to sunlight -- even indirect sunlight -- so now I just keep it in a dark closet and bring it out once in a while for show and tell.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: